Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Try putting the shoe on the other foot for 2 seconds, genius

Someone in the office just told me that they heard there was some software that lets you convert pdf files into something that you can edit in Word. They were all excited about it.

First of all, I don't know if I believe this.

But secondly, is it really possible that you're so short-sighted that you are happy this exists now because it could be useful to you in a particular circumstance, while being oblivious to the fact that we use pdf files all the time when we want to send out documents that people can't edit? And therefore it would actually be a problem for us if this were true?

DUH.

1 comment:

Joy said...

actually, Adobe Acrobat makes software to edit PDF's. I've used it. I haven't worked with it that much but I don't think it's a shared application with Word.
These people really need to get a grip, I would poke myself in the eye if I got excited about anything that pertained to Word.
blek.